Tuesday, April 19, 2011

What Is Love?

What is love?

Beyond the physical.
Beyond that burning desire.

What is it?

To me love is like a sacrifice.
When you put someone else’ needs ahead of your own.

To love someone you want them to be happy.
You want them to be content.

So the question becomes...
Can we love someone without losing our own identity?

Is love a bond? or an understanding?

Would you rather be joined, bound together or stand as equals, side by side, hand in hand?

We cannot hope to control the longings of our hearts any more than we can hope to control an oncoming storm.
Love is not logical, intelligent or wise.

It just is...

The heart is raw.
The heart is passionate.

When broken, the heart is a screaming ungrateful child.

I have loved 5 men in my life time and I can honestly say that I still love each and every one.
We may not be "in love" anymore but a piece of my heart will always belong to them.

So what is love to you?

I've asked a few of my friends this question and everyone seems to have a different answer.
Maybe love changes as we change.

All we can do is try to protect our hearts as best we can.
To take care with whom we open ourselves.

To hope for the best.

2 comments:

  1. Love is. It comes with out any expectations and introductions. It's just is. Almost everyone gets hurt along the way but you just have to figure out who's worth the pain.

    But yeah we can only hope for what's best.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like that aik.
    Now if only I can figure out who is worth the pain ;)
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete