Friday, April 8, 2011

Disarmament

It's funny...

No matter how much time has passed, no matter how strong we think we are, no matter how fortified our defences... certain people are able to effortlessly walk right through them.

Generally these people are referred to as Ex's, and sometimes if the bond was strong enough long lost friends.

I saw a prime example of that today.

A gurlfriend and I had just seen the movie "Sucker Punch" which I might add is fucking amazing and was almost the title of this particular post!

When we ran into "him"

For sake of this story we will refer to "him" as "Mr Cullen"
He has also been referred to as Angel, He Who Shall Not Be Named, Voldemort, Late night booty call man, and an Al-Qaeda Cell leader hiding in his own sovereign nation while human trafficking in Thailand.

Anyway...

"Mr Cullen" was once a very important person in my gurls life.
In fact you could say his world once revolved around "Mr Cullen"

It's taken a long time and a couple more relationships but my gurl believed she had finally gotten him completely out of her system.

Turns out she was wrong.

It's so easy to remain strong when someone is but a memory.
Not so easy when you are staring right into his piercing pale baby blue eyes perched perfectly above his juicy luscious lips and you can see his rock hard body through his tight fitting tailored suit, all while he's being extremely charming and offering to buy you a drink.

I'm exhausted just writing that... imagine what it was like to be there.

From my outside perspective it all seemed fine to me... but my gurl was bubbling beneath the surface.

Whenever we got a few seconds alone I played the supportive but smart ass friend... asking how she was then making fun and laughing in her face.

A few drinks later we parted company and by we I mean I parted company with them.

I kissed my gurl, and her handsome hottie goodbye, made a private snide remark under my breath and then left them to their own volition.

A short while later "my gurl" called.

Sparks did fly... and offers were made... but she stayed strong.

She was worn out from the experience and felt somewhat miserable... but I was proud of her.

Yes he got to her... but she was given the choice to "re-visit" the past she chose not too.

She is a lot stronger than she thinks.

My legs would have parted so fast it would have created a sonic boom.

Getting back to my point...

There are some people in our lives who will always be able to get to us.
Especially when they remind us of what made us fall in love with them to begin with.

When realtionships end and people go out of your life they leave a scar.
We carry these scars with us always.

Even with healing and time... even if you can't see it anymore... you still know its there.
If you run your finger along the surface you can feel it.
It's apart of who you are now.

Granted when some relationships end it feels more like an amputaion.
Just remember... even amputees can learn to adapt... to work around their "handicap"
To go on and lead full, happy, functional lives.

There is hope for all of us.

2 comments: