Saturday, March 26, 2011

Singularity

I don't want sex... I want intimacy and there is a difference.

The problem is right now I know I'm not ready for the relationship required to get that intimacy.

I am single... a "Singularity"

For those of you who don't know a "Singularity" is a fancy name for a "black hole"
How do I draw comparisons between these two vastly different concepts apart from the clever use of the word “Single”.

Hear me out...

In theory a "Singularity" is created when a heavy star collapses in a Supernova.
The implosion creates a region of space from which nothing, not even light, can escape.

It's ironic that something once so bright and warm, so full of life can collapse in on itself and become this dark empty void.
Sometimes I feel as if I am floating out there sucking the light and life out of all those around me.

Being "single" in a sea of friends all either involved or at least in the early stages of a partnership isn't easy.

I may not be ready for a "deep" relationship but maybe a "superficial" one isn’t out of the question.

I hope there is someone out there... who can get close to me without the sheer gravity of who and what I am tearing them apart.


I don't know about you but I'd much rather be called a "Singulairty" than a "Supermassive black hole"

No comments:

Post a Comment