Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Prime

"My life is likened to a bargain store
And I may have just what you're looking for
If you don't mind the fact that all the merchandise is used
With a little mending it could be as good as new"


A friend of mine posted that as her facebook status recently...
Apparently they are the lyrics to a Dolly Parton song.
I was unaware of this at the time and so I read it as a statement.

My retort...

"So what you're saying is... We were once high priced but as we are now approaching out "best before date" we have been heavily discounted.
All we have to look forward to now is gaining value as an antique!"
So it got me thinking...

Have I passed my prime?

Reproductively?... sure
Physically?... maybe... but theres more to it than that.
I much prefer to look at it like this.

I was once a firm plump luscious grape. Sweet and juicy
Life happened, and it came down like a heavy mallet.
I was beaten I was bruised and finally crushed leaving a watery pulp.

Now I have a choice

I could sit and regret that I am no longer what I was... becoming stagnant and bitter or...
I can mature taking the knowledge I have gained to grow as a person, to become more

So I ask myself again... have I passed my prime?

HELL NO!!!!!

You can keep your cheap fruit and sour grape juice... I'm a fine wine honey
A 1980, Hawke's Bay Bordeaux to be exact!

CHEERS

RANDOMNESS:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZqrG1bdGtg

No comments:

Post a Comment